Digital Product Designer
Are you a talented Product Designer looking to make your mark in the exciting world of healthcare technology? Amba Health and Care is seeking a Mid-Level Digital Product Designer to join our growing team. This is an exceptional opportunity to shape the user experience of our groundbreaking SaaS caregiver platform from the ground up.
Based in the UK, but with operations in the UK, US and Canada, our unique technology is transforming the way seniors in our communities are cared for. By providing actionable insights and alerts to caregivers, Amba users are delivering more personalised care and becoming increasingly efficient caregivers. We’re helping solve a huge global problem as our populations age!
By connecting passive sensors in seniors homes (or care homes) with simple to use software, caregivers are able to provide the exact care a senior needs, rather than just going through the motions of low value tasks that waste carer time, disturb seniors and potentially miss serious issues.
Amba is a SaaS model (software as a service) and we work alongside leading manufacturers to source passive sensors that we can connect to our caregiver software. The result is that carers can use Amba to get an immediate insight into the entire health and wellness of a senior, from sleep, hydration, medication and even continence from a single dashboard.
About the role
As our first product design hire, you’ll play a pivotal role in crafting user-centred experiences that truly make a difference. You will have the opportunity to further develop our product design process, collaborate closely with key internal and external stakeholders and make a significant impact on our product’s success.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers and customer success managers to understand user needs and translate them into intuitive, user-centred solutions.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to gather insights and set design requirements based on findings.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and interactive mockups to communicate design ideas effectively.
- Identify opportunities for product or feature enhancements.
- Present product design ideas to leadership and external partners.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging best practices in UX/UI design.
- 4+ years of product design experience – SaaS experience is essential, experience in the industry is a bonus.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your design process, problem-solving skills, and the ability to create intuitive user interfaces.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms – Web (Mobile, Tablet & Desktop) and App (iOS & Android).
- Proficiency in Figma or Sketch
- Experience with user research methodologies and usability testing.
- Strong communication skills and experience working collaboratively with engineers, product owners, quality assurance engineers, as well as customers.
If you are an analytical and creative digital product designer with a desire to solve real-world problems, empower caregivers and enhance the lives of seniors and their families through innovative technology, we’d love to hear from you!
Hours of work
Remote, hybrid or office-based in our central Bristol location. The ability to travel to our Bristol office for meetings will be required. Minimum of 3.5 days per week up to full-time hours and can accommodate various scheduling preferences.
Salary and benefits
Salary range: £50-65,000 per annum (based on a full-time, 5-day work week. For candidates interested in working less than a full-time schedule, such as 3.5 days per week, the salary will be prorated accordingly)
We currently offer employees the following benefits when joining Amba:
- Flexibility: This could be working from home, doing the school run, or life admin. We understand that flexibility is essential to a healthy work/life balance, so tell us what is important to you, and we will try our best to accommodate.
- Laptop and equipment for a home office if needed (monitor, devices, chair etc.)
- A salary sacrifice pension scheme and enhanced employer pension contributions.
- Equity in the company through a share option scheme because we want everyone to have a stake in our success.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- A subscription to the financial wellbeing platform Mintago, with access to free expert advice and tools to help plan and manage your finances, helping to reduce financial stress.
- A life insurance policy with a lump sum payment of four times your salary to your nominated beneficiary in the event of your death whilst an employee.
- Discounts for online workouts and more than 3,000 health and fitness clubs nationwide.
- A generous holiday policy includes 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays, with an additional two days per year after two years of continuous service.
- Lovely offices in a great Bristol location, along with fun social events.
We continually review our benefits offering and look forward to evolving the benefits available to our people as we continue to grow.
How to apply and what to expect from the hiring process
We want to find people who are excited to be on this journey with us, so if you are excited by the role but don’t have all the requirements, then don’t let that hold you back; we’d love to hear from anyone passionate about our mission.
Send a CV and paragraph on why you would be a good fit for the role and Amba to email@example.com
Once we have received your application, we will aim to get back to you within 1 week. If your profile is of interest, we will set up a call. Our process is:
- Interview (up to 1 hr) with Nathalie (CPO) and one other member of the development team. This interview will be to assess your competency and ability to complete the day-to-day responsibilities of the role. During the interview, you will have the opportunity to present a piece of your work and walk us through the design challenge you faced and successfully resolved. This presentation should last between 5-10 minutes.
- Second interview (up to 30 mins) with Nic (CTO) and Stu (CEO) This meeting will be to discuss your background and aspirations, as well as, ensure a good cultural fit with the organisation.
During both interviews you will have the opportunity to ask questions about the role and the company so come prepared with any questions you may have.
We want to build a diverse team that we believe will contribute to our success as a company. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
We aim to make recruitment decisions quickly so you can expect a quick response to your application.
We’re looking forward to your email 👩💻